TP-Link TL-WR940N router setup and port forwarding
The TP-Link TL-WR940N is a Dual- Band wifi router that simply protects your home network by controlling and managing the incoming connections from the internet. For some connections, it is important to create direct links between the devices and the tplinkwifi.net network. These functions are gaming, HD streaming, to set up new devices on your network. This process is known as forwarding or unlocking a port. In your TP-Link TL-WR940N router, you are required to unlock a port, it means you have to assign a port number or a pre-set port number to a particular IP address. This feature helps to route the incoming data to the correct device on your Tplink WIFI network.
Here we are providing the simplest steps to unlock ports on your TP-Link TL-WR940N router:
- On your connected computer or device with the router that you are using to forward ports, you have to set a static IP address.
- Now you need to login to your TP-Link TL-WR940N router.
- For this, you should find the Virtual Servers section from your TP-Link TL-WR940N WIFI router.
- There will be a forwarding tab that you need to click at the left of the screen.
- There will be a Virtual Servers tab at the left of the screen of your computer and just click on it.
- Do not hesitate to create a Virtual Servers entry on that page.
The process of opening ports can be a difficult task in your router but it’s not the reality. If so, then you are not alone, we will walk you through the whole steps to open a port in your TP-Link TL-WR940N Dual-band router.
Step one is to Setup A Static IP Address
You should set up a static IP address to forward a port in your devices that you are connecting to the router. This is the most important step that keeps your ports open even you reboot the router or turn it off, or disconnect it from any network.
After finishing the setup process of static IP address on your devices you need to login to your Tplink WIFI router.
Step 2 – Login to Your TP-Link Router
To login to your TL-WR940N router, you should use a web browser. Your TL-WR940N router has a web interface which would help you to access tplinkwifi.net login page and control your router settings.
- Go ahead and open up your default web browser. If you don’t have a default web browser, then you may open up Chrome, Firefox, or Edge.
- If this step is not working or is confusing, then we have simplified it for you with this link to Login to your TL-WR940N Router. It is the IP address of your router 192.168.1.1 or 192.168.0.1
- Find the address bar of the browser once you have opened it. This IP address is usually located at the label of your router. The label also contains the user ID and IP address.
- Note down the IP address and type in the address, like 192.168.0.1. This is your router’s default network IP address, sometimes it is called the computer’s default gateway.
- After Entering your router IP address into the address bar of your default web browser, then click the enter button on your keyboard. An authentication window will appear on the screen.
- To log in, you have to complete this authentication window by entering the username and password for the TP-Link TL-WR940Ns. In case you have changed them in the past period, then you need to enter those values.
- The default username of your TP-Link TL-WR940N WIFI Router is: admin
- The default password of your TP-Link TL-WR940N Router is: admin
Once you finish the input process of your username and password, then click the Login button.
Step 3 – Find the Port Forwarding Section on your router
After making a successful login to your TP-Link TL-WR940N wifi router you are the home page of your router. Now, find the Virtual Servers section.
Hit the forwarding port tab, it is at the left of the screen. Then find the virtual servers tab which is located near the left of the screen and click on it.